Pickens, SC - The City of Pickens and Pickens Revitalization Association have contracted with Main Street South Carolina to conduct a community vision planning charrette. The purpose of the charrette is to help city leaders understand the local and regional market position to guide strategic expenditures in the public realm with a focus on economic development, stimulating tourism and strengthening its sense of community.
What: Pickens South Carolina charrette schedule
When: July 17- 19, 2012
The City of Pickens will hold several public input meetings for its vision planning charrette:
- Tuesday, July 17 at 6 p.m. - Public Input Meeting Bethlehem Roanoke Water Office, (corner of 178 and McDaniel Ave.)
- Wednesday, July 18 at 8:30 a.m. Merchants" input meeting, City Hall
- Thursday, July 19 at noon - Final presentation lunch, Pickens County Museum
Where: Pickens, South Carolina
Who: Pickens Revitalization Association assembled a team of experts to conduct the
- Beppie LeGrand, Main Street South Carolina
- Randy Wilson, Community Design Solutions
- Tripp Muldrow and Tee Coker, Arnett Muldrow Associates
- Tom McGilloway, Mahan Rykiel & Associates
- Andy Kalback, Kalback Planning & Design
Main Street South Carolina empowers residents, business owners and local officials with the knowledge, skills, tools and organizational structure necessary to revitalize their downtowns, neighborhood commercial districts and cities and towns into vibrant centers of commerce and community.
Main Street South Carolina follows the National Main Street's Four Point Approach - Organization, Promotion, Design and Economic Restructuring. Each year, Main Street South Carolina recognizes members" achievements and successes in downtown revitalization. For more information about Main Street South Carolina, visit the Municipal Association's website at www.masc.sc
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit Association of incorporated cities and towns dedicated to raising the standards of municipal government through a broad range of services.